Monday, September 7, 2009

U.S.A.: We Are Children of Barnum & Bailey's Circus

http://www.truthout.org/090609Z?n Bill Moyers hits this one out of the park. This summer has proven what I have thought all along: we have become a country of chicken hawks who love to beat our chests and say how we are proud to be Americans. Yet, our founding fathers would be disgusted with our "me first, to hell with every one else" attitude. It gets me sick when I see these "patriotiic" American's sing Lee Greenwood's "Proud To Be An American". They are usually bigoted, love it or leave it hypocrites. All of us who supported President Obama need to stand up for our country!!!!!! We need to have health care reform and we need it now!!!!1

1 comment:

John Restaino said...

Lefty, Do you realize that Niagara Wheatfield did not show the Presidents speech. I spoke to the principal of Colonial Village he said the Superintendent decided it was not proper for school and children can watch it at home!! He received several complaints from parents. I told the principal if he can remember the last time a President was "proof read". I have called the Superintendent with no return call. This is outragous and I will be attending the September 16th board meeting @ 7pm (NWHS). The Vocal Majority is running things and it is going to stop...atleast here it is!!