Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Some Random Thoughts On A Cold January Night

While being hunkered down on this cold January night, some random thoughts:

* It's really incredible hearing and reading lefties criticize President Obama for reaching across to righties. Hello, Obama's original message was there are no red states or no blue states but the United States. That's why he won by such a big margin!!!

*The Caroline Kennedy bashing is really unbelievable. Here is a woman who doesn't need to run for office. She is not beholden to anyone. Yet, the average joe wants experience. November 2008 was a vote for change not experience but here in WNY we are always way behind the curve.

*There is plenty of debate over whether anything should be pursued against high ranking Bush officials for war crimes and abuse of power. While I agree that the Obama Administration has bigger concerns, I still believe that people need to be held accountable in order for our country to move forward and to begin the process of improving our standing around the world. This can't be swept under the rug!!! A special prosecutor needs to be appointed reporting to a non-partisan committee is necessary.

*The Fighting Lefty is a big fan of The John Restaino Show but I take exception to the latest blog. I am a Catholic and I do not condone extreme anti-abortionists. I also believe that the Church's position is off-base. In fact, I think that you will find that a majority of Catholics in the U.S. do not agree with the Church's position on abortion or contraceptives. The emphasis should be placed on preventing unwanted pregnancies. Outlawing abortions will not prevent them. I think linking Catholics with extremists is off based.

*And finally what are the odds of George Bush saying I'm sorry tomorrow night?

3 comments:

John Restaino said...

well, I believe Catholics or shall I say a portion of the faith is extremist. Ever see the bumber sticker "You cant be Catholic and Pro-choice?" These people don't care about unjust war, torture, or anythingelse but abortion and gays. I am sorry but a portion of that religion are extremist in my opinion. Just like there are in all of them

TRex said...

There are extremes in all religions, I agree but your blog did not make that distinction.

John Restaino said...

Sorry, to offend your religion..there was no intention, but I think Catholics should stop trying to shape politics. I remember Pennsylvania and John Kerry and even this year with Barack Obama.